Friday 15 October 2010

Who is Miss G?


On my sex and relationships blog (link removed), I once described myself as a black Bridget Jones for the noughties but this is a bit out of date now. Also, I’m not a fictional character. I’m the real thing, with a genuine feigned interest in politics. In fact, I’m perhaps more like the conspicuously absent fifth one from Sex and the City.
                                                                                                       
At Oxford, in the early 90s, I flirted briefly with Marxism and humility. But ever since my publisher suggested the Tory conference would be a great opportunity for some publicity, I have embraced right-wing thinking and it has liberated me.

Certain assumptions have been made about my personal life and circumstances, such as the speculation that I am unmarried and childless. (cf my sex blog – not linked here for obvious reasons, but get in touch and I’ll sort you out. It’s already been published as a book actually, under a clever pseudonym.) A number of well-wishing and not at all creepy old Tories have expressed surprise at my singleton status, and even articulated their concern that I really ought to breed for the good of mankind. Others have just commented gleefully upon the happy circumstances of my being quite a looker!

Here are just a few of the many recent comments on this matter:

The lady is going places. And it will be no drawback to her new media career that she is fairly easy on the eye too.

While we can now put a delightful face to ‘To Miss with Love’, her loss to the blogosphere is acute.    (Don’t worry – I’m back! Miss G x)

She has amazing hair eh?..;)    

Ooooo I do love an imposing woman of the slender persuasion!  

I have also exchanged emails in the past and if I had any clue that she was so gorgeous then I would have pretended to be a little more conservative. Dam!

Is it just me, or is it 'Side-show Bob'? 

I have not linked to the identity of my drooling fans in case they are shy or embarrassed but a quick search can reveal where they blog.

To those on the Left who suggest that such comments are patronising and sexist, I say only this: you’re just jealous because I’m in the news and sexually attractive (and, by the way, I’m an Oxford graduate as well - can’t remember if I mentioned that).

Thanks ever so, gentlemen!

1 comment:

  1. That's it! So insightful, as usual. Don't let the Unions, the multiculturalists, Barack Obama, the BBC and all that lot do what they did to Sinbad because of their mad jealousy.

    Jealous - big green-eyed monsters, they hate women anyway and they talk about racism but what they really need is some discipline. When I was stationed in India, there was a chap called Barnaby Gresham and he always said it would turn out this way. I'm grateful to people like you with your Oxford education and your courage and your experience. You're nearly as good as that other woman.

    ReplyDelete